Saturday, July 30

Went with the wind

I now completely understand why Carol Burnett said in a 2007 interview,
"When we were doing the Gone with the Wind take-off, it had originally been written that Starlet would come down the stairs with just the draperies hanging (off her). I went into the costume fitting on that Wednesday, and (fashion designer Bob Mackie) said, 'I have an idea.' He picked up the curtain rod with the dress on it, and I fell on the floor. I said, 'This is one of the most brilliant ideas anybody has ever come up with.' It was one of the longest laughs we’ve ever had on the show. You can see me kind of biting the inside of my cheek, trying not to laugh, before I could say, 'I saw it in the window, and I just couldn’t resist it.'"

Look for Went with the Wind online, especially YouTube (Part One and Part Two). It's hilarious. 

Oh, and you'll probably never see me in pink again.

It is so not my thing.

Green velvet, however....

Thanks Terrie!

3 comments:

  1. You're most welcome! I'm glad you liked it.
    Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing!!!
    Love the Carol Burnett comments, too.

    Addie... you look great in EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete