Monday, August 8

Bring out yer dead

First Samantha, then Kirsten, followed by Felicity. Who is next? No one knows but some are fearful with the introduction of a Yellow Fever epidemic in 1853 New Orleans....

The Dead Collector: Bring out yer dead. 

(American Girl® puts a body on the cart.)

AG: Here's one. 

The Dead Collector: That'll be a half-dime.

Addy Walker: I'm not dead.

The Dead Collector: What? 

AG: Nothing. There's your half-dime

Addy®: I'm not dead. 

The Dead Collector: 'Ere, she says she's not dead. 

AG: Yes she is. 

Addy®: I'm not. 

The Dead Collector: She isn't. 

AG: Well, she will be soon, she's very ill. 

Addy®: I'm getting better. 

AG: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment. 

The Dead Collector: Well, I can't take her like that. It's against regulations. 

Addy®: I don't want to go on the cart.

AG: Oh, don't be such a baby. 

The Dead Collector: I can't take her.

Addy®: I feel fine.

AG: Oh, do me a favor.

The Dead Collector: I can't.

AG: Well, can you hang around for a couple of months? She won't be long.

The Dead Collector: I promised I'd be at the McIntire's®.

AG: Well, when's your next round?

The Dead Collector: Next year.

Addy®: I think I'll go for a walk.  

AG: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?

Addy®: I feel happy. I feel happy.
(The Dead Collector looks around furtively, then archives Addy® with a whack of his club.)

AG: Ah, thank you very much.

The Dead Collector: Not at all. See you next year.

AG: Right. 

With major apologies to American Girl, Addy, and 1975's Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

 

5 comments:

  1. Felicity is still upset because she thought AG was an autonomous collective. Kudos to your awesomeness, Steampunk!Addy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I read the title, I could hear the movie in my head. LOL! I'm sure glad I have my Molly ('95) and Addy ('93).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was laughing my butt off this entire post! Great Job! It's completely true! Addy's days are numbered, and so are Molly's! A.G. thinks everyone will go buy them at the drop of a pen, but we're going to get these girlies now to be more inconspicuous :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost every single doll I own is retired :/
    BUT I would like to make my own Steampunk Addie! :)

    ReplyDelete