Sunday, February 26

Are you Faux Real?

It has been called to my attention that I have been Dreadfully Remiss and have not reviewed any of the items created by My Dear Friend Winter Boomershine of Faux Real Foods. 

Neither Momma nor I exactly remember when we first discovered her Etsy shop (https://www.etsy.com/shop/FauxRealFood), but I was hooked after my first meal. 

Winter makes some of the tastiest and most realistic doll food out there. 

Last year I got corned beef, cabbage and potatoes just in time for St. Patrick's Day. Both Momma and Grandmomma were squealing over the details in the tiny cabbage leaves. 

(Quick history: beef was fairly rare in most parts of Ireland. Corned (or salted) beef was a luxury item there - but cheap and easily found in the United States by Irish Immigrants fleeing the potato famine.)  

Thankfully, some of My corned beef dinner survived The Fire - although it is a bit smoky.  

How can I ever repay Winter for her kindness, generosity, and yummy food? By reviewing her foods all week AND by (belatedly!) awarding her my Gear of Approval. I'll also be hosting a giveaway of a sampling of Faux Real Foods at the end of the week! 

Details tomorrow!



1 comment: