Tuesday, February 28

She sells sushi


One of the items I proudly offer in my Tea-Key Room is Faux Real Food's sushi. 

Sushi has been served in Japan for hundreds of years. It originally had fermented rice and fish, but evolved into "modern" sushi about 100 years ago.

According to Wikipedia, the Oxford English Dictionary notes the earliest written mention of sushi in English in an 1893 book, A Japanese Interior, where it mentions sushi as "a roll of cold rice with fish, sea-weed, or some other flavoring." However, there is an earlier mention of sushi in an 1873 Japanese-English dictionary, angd an 1879 article on Japanese cookery in the journal, Notes and Queries.

Momma developed a love for sushi when she was in Taiwan, and my sushi is displayed on a miniature plate from the National Palace Museum.

Winter is spot-on in her sushi creations. Momma and I especially love the detail in the rice - something which at 1:3 scale is usually a textured white blob.

Now where is my wasabi and ginger? I bet that dratted kitten took it again....




2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you're enjoying your new food Addie! Thanks for the history lesson too. Blessings, Winter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for sushi! My dolls have wanted a tea house that serves sushi for awhile. One of these days I'll get around to that...looks great, Winter!

    ReplyDelete