Thursday, March 2

Hubba boba!

One of the things I love about Winter is her generosity in sharing craft tutorials. Not only does she make the best dolly drinks I've found, but she shares how on her blog! 


Apparently her secret is two-step epoxy - not the acrylic water used by so many. 

We have some of Faux Real Foods milk, eggnog (complete with nutmug!), and boba tea and they are all beautiful, tasty ... and sturdy. 

Boba, or bubble tea, is a Taiwanese tea-based drink invented in Taichung in the 1980s. Most bubble tea recipes contain tea mixed with fruit, milk, tapioca balls, and/or fruit jelly.

Now, Momma and I both love tea, and Momma adores tapioca - but tapioca in tea?! No, thank you!

That said, Winter's boba tea is about the prettiest (and tastiest) we've ever seen. 

Don't forget, you can win a Faux Real Food meal - complete with eggnog! Read my post for more details: https://steampunkaddie.blogspot.com/2017/02/tell-me-story.html?m=1

Check out Winter's website at www.fauxrealfood.com. View tutorials, reviews, and sign up for the newsletter to receive special offers. Free shipping until March 15 with orders over $15. Use code FEBFREE17 at checkout.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, man, I love bubble tea! We have a place near us that has an awesome mango bubble tea! I want to try some of the other flavors too. Lots of fun with the super large straw to capture the tapioca balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See now, I too can't get into Bubble Tea. It's a texture thing for sure. Winter's version is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first sip was surprising and then next I was curious trying to figure out what the "bubbles" were. Then I wanted another. When I found out they were tapioca I was hooked. Love tapioca pudding. :)

      Overall much safer than sucking up a lemon pip with your straw. :)

      Delete