Monday, November 18

Welcome to a brave new world

Looking back, it appears I have never truly addressed my fondness for Disney's Phineas and Ferb.

Phineas and Ferb is an American animated comedy-musical television series. Originally broadcast as a preview on Aug. 17, 2007, and officially premiered on Feb. 1, 2008 on Disney Channel, the series follows Phineas Flynn and his English stepbrother Ferb Fletcher on summer vacation.  The boys embark on some grand new project
every day which annoys their older sister, Candace.

So imagine my excitement when Phineas and Ferb went steampunk in Friday night's episode: Steampunx.

When Phineas and Ferb discover a commemorative coin from the 1903 Danville World’s Fair, Lawrence recounts the events of the festival to them, in which steam-driven devices were introduced and a set of kids, who were very much like them, were preparing for the highly anticipated event. 

It was so good my Perry the Platypus and I watched it twice

Now I shall be the first to admit their clothes weren't inspiring, but their inventions (as always) did not disappoint and my musical hero, Professor Elemental, made an appearance, too!

But what I simply can not understand is why Perry the Platypus became Sweary the Swan. I mean, what could be more steampunk than a semiaquatic mammal endemic? A platypus just screams alternative universe!


1 comment: