I discovered last week that Momma is (distantly) related to Daniel Boone!
Depending on which calendar you use, Daniel Boone was born on Oct. 22, 1734 (That's the date he used so I shall, too.). Boone was an American pioneer, explorer, and frontiersman whose exploits made him one of the first folk heroes of the United States.
Daniel Boone's aunt Sarah Boone married Jacob Stover at Christ Church (Episcopal) in Philadelphia, Pa. (This caused quite a scandal since the Boone family was Quaker.)
- Their daughter (Boone's first cousin) Barbara Stover married Martin Kauffman;
- Their daughter Anna Kauffman married Johann Brombach;
- Their daughter Elizabeth Brombach married Abraham Miller;
- Their daughter Elizabeth Miller married Christian Beery;
- Their daughter Elizabeth Beery married John Wilson Weltner;
- Their daughter Elizabeth Roberts Weltner married Captain William Harrison Huls;
- Their son A.E. Huls married Anna Rebecca Troxell;
- Their son Fred Huls married Alice Hamilton;
- Their son Fritz Huls married Patricia Taylor;
- Their daughter Greta had my Big Sister - and Me!
I knew I got that adventurous spirit somewhere!