Friday, February 7

To a T

Mini Me Dolly Divas
I've never been much of a T-shirt fan but I have to admit I am rapidly becoming one after viewing them in Dacia's Mini Me Dolly Divas shop on etsy.

A T-Shirt (also known as a T Shirt, tee-shirt, or tee) is a cotton-knit shirt thats defining characteristic is the "T" shape made with the body and sleeves.
 
The T-Shirt evolved from 19th century Unmentionables, when one-piece "union suits" were separated into top and bottom garments. T-Shirts became popular in the United States when they were issued by the U.S. Navy during or after the Spanish-American War of 1898.

By the year 1920, the word "T-shirt" became an official American-English word in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. They became even more popular in the 1950s after Marlon Brando wore one in A Streetcar Named Desire.

(Incidentally, Momma thought that T-shirt sales skyrocketed after Clark Gable wore one in the 1934 moving picture, It Happened One Night. It turns out it was the other way around. Gable took off his dress shirt in what was considered a racy scene with Claudette Colbert and (gasp!) there was bare skin beneath. Undershirt sales allegedly plummeted.)
 
Now all I can think of are T-shirts that I want:

  • Small in Stature, Big in Imagination
  • Set phasers on Stunning
  • No Tribble at all
  • Make it Sew
  • Star Trek: Into Dorkness
  • You can't take the sky from me
  • Shiny!
  • Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
  • I am a leaf on the wind.
  • I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.
  • You are startin' to damage my calm.

Do you have any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment